Holiday travel is projected to be the highest its been in recent years with 25 million travelers estimated for this year’s Thanksgiving!
BGR has seen the start of the holiday travel season this week and would like to share some helpful hints for a those traveling in the upcoming weeks!
1. Allow an extra 30 minutes-This is on top on the normal 1-2 hours. Do some research-See when your flight is scheduled to leave. If there are other flights scheduled around the same time, allow for extra time for security screening.
2. Check-in online or on your airline’s app and print off boarding passes before arriving to the airport if you can.
3. Remember TSA’s 3-1-1 Rule. Passengers with carry-on luggage are allowed 1-quart size bag per every 1-traveler and liquids, gels, and pastes are less than 3-ounces. Store the bag in the front of your carry-on for easy removal during screening.
4. Wrap gifts after traveling. There is nothing worse than spending time perfectly wrapping Grammy’s gift just to have it get unwrapped during security screening.
5. Have your photo ID ready when you go through screening. The ID you use must be current (not expired), match the name on your boarding pass, and list your date of birth. Valid forms of ID include State IDs, Driver’s Licences, Military IDs, and Passports.
We wish everyone traveling this holiday season safe and happy travels! If you have any other travel questions that were not answered in this post, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Saturday, September 14th from 11 am to 2 pm, BGR staff will welcome the public to the Airport for a behind the scenes look at what we do. This is our second open house at BGR. Last year we had more than 500 people come to see our snowplows, make paper airplanes, enjoy a free hot dog or hamburger or maybe some popcorn and cotton candy. There were games for the kids and lots of fun was had by all.
This year we will again be having games, food and tours on the airfield. Our staff will be available to answer questions about those big plows, and what we do.
We look forward to seeing many of our customers at the Airfield Maintenance Building on Maine Avenue.
In yesterday’s news, the subject of passenger statistics came up. As the Marketing Manager here at Bangor International, part of my job is to keep track of passenger statistics. We are pleased to report that there has been a lot of growth in the last few years. Since 2008, we have grown by more than 100,000 passengers for a total of more than 460,000 passengers in 2012. So far in 2013, BGR is up 5.3% in passenger growth.
BGR is pleased that we have been able to meet the demand for more seats in the last few years. Our capacity (number of seats on the planes serving BGR) has increased by 37,000 seats so far this year, thanks to our partner airlines.
Currently flights from Bangor International are overlapping time slots so that there are flights to several cities all within a short time period. It is recommended that you allow an extra 30 minutes to your usual check-in time when departing so that you don’t feel rushed or stressed (and so you don’t miss your flight.) Airlines recommend that you be here two hours before the scheduled departure time.
BGR thanks everyone for flying out of Bangor and we work continuosly with the airlines for more seats and service to more destinations and connecting cities.
Bangor International Airport is excited to announce that we are starting a blog to bring you more in-depth and behind the scenes access about the Airport and our latest news.
If you have any specific topics that you would like information about either post a comment or send us an e-mail to email@example.com.
In the upcoming weeks we will have information on the passenger terminal remodel, ramp improvements, and getting to know our senior staff.