We are almost half way done with the paving construction project around Godfrey Blvd. at BGR, wanted to give passengers an update.
Starting early this morning (8/12), paving will begin on Phase I. Over the past three weeks, construction crews have removed several layers of pavement that have been “patched” over the last few years, and have improved several drainage issue areas. Once paving starts tomorrow, the lane will be level.
Beginning early Thursday morning (8/13), the barriers will start being moved to the right lane of Godfrey Blvd. This means that there will be no passenger pick up/drop-off in front of the terminal for several weeks. Passengers needing wheelchair assistance may be dropped off or picked up in front of the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel. All other passengers may be picked up or dropped off in the Short Term parking lot (there are signs indicating where to go). Remember the first 15 minutes of parking in the Short Term lot are FREE!
Continuing from the first post about construction, typically, passengers are encouraged to arrive at least 1-2 hours prior to flight departure to park, check luggage, and process security screening. During this time, please plan to arrive closer to 2 hours prior to scheduled departure, to ensure you catch your flight.
Finally, starting today for a period of about three hours, the Car Rental Return entrance will be relocated just around the corner (please see photo). Signage will be posted, and we will announce the change on facebook and twitter.
The construction that is taking place will help improve access to BGR and make the roadways safer for the winter season. Finally, to recap:
- Passengers needing wheelchair assistance may park in front of the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel starting Thursday.
- All other passengers may be picked up/dropped off in Short Term Parking, and the first 15 minutes are FREE. Please do not park on the side of the road or in the middle of the road as it is a safety hazard.
- Passengers traveling to BGR needing a Taxi should proceed to the Short Term Lot where they will be waiting.
- Passengers flying out of BGR should arrive approximately 2 hours prior to their scheduled departure to allow for new traffic patterns for parking/drop-off and Summer flight times.
- Check BGR’s Facebook/Twitter pages for construction updates, as we transition through phases.
Thank you for your patience while we work to the customer experience at BGR. If you have any questions, please comment or email us at email@example.com